NOTE: I am no longer a member of Umbagog, and as such, Dingo is now an Underground NPC. Feel free to use him in challenges and plots!
- Fun-loving and optimistic, generally sees the good in people quicker than the bad.
- Very much a joker, gets a huge rush from making people laugh.
- Observant and intelligent. Good problem solving skills and rather creative.
- Curious and inquisitive by nature.
- A bit sensitive and empathetic.
- Takes pride in being able to kill zombies, but not like some of the other survivors. He keeps a kill count, but doesn't brag about it.
- A little bit cowardly with people and half-deads: he will run from a fight, joking or not.
- Although he can kill zombies without moral issues, half-deads are a little more iffy. He's a little too empathetic to be capable of murder, he thinks.
- Always trying to win over the ladies (not successfully)
- Genuinely cares about most people, and always wants to help wherever he can. Can be VERY persistent if he feels he has to be.
- - Severe fear of abandonment and rejectionStrengths
- Control of his lungs and vocal cords gives him an uncanny ability to mimic voices, as well as singing and controlling his breathing rate.
- This also lends to his aim: since Dingo can 'make' himself relax and ease his breathing, he can shoot with deadly accuracy with his rifle.
- Adept in parkour and freerunning: damn hard to catch him once he gets running.Weaknesses
- Useless in hand-to-hand combat. He has enough muscle to cause damage if he had to, but he's far more likely to run away or surrender.
- Decent judge of character, but he's naturally trusting. Even if he suspects you're a bad person, he might not act on it/dismiss it.
- He fears his 'Sniper' complex - constantly terrified that one day he won't turn back into his usual self, and hurt someone.
- Miserable liar, has a tendency to accidently reveal information right at the wrong moment.
- Insomniac (has trouble sleeping/can't sleep some nights)History
David grew up in Sydney, Australia with his mom, a quick-witted police sniper named Sarah. His mom wasn't always the most emotional person, which caused him to constantly hunt for her affection. He discovered quite quickly that he could make her laugh, and she seemed to be more loving towards him when he did so. This caused him to start pulling pranks at an early age: planting a frog in a desk, putting bright pink bows on things or people that did NOT need them, a compressed spring in the coffee jar, the list goes on and on. Sarah, of course, loved her son regardless, but the pranks woke her up to what he was trying to do. They became much closer as David got older, and emotional scars that Sarah'd hidden from him healed up. They moved to America when he was ten - coincidentally, right after the release of a high-ranking gangster on appeal. David quickly gained friends in the new country with his affable nature and quirky accent. This is also where he got his nickname: a girl in his class took to calling him "Dingo", due to his trickster habits and his voice. As more of his friends started to adopt the name, he eventually stopped referring to himself as David, and by the time he was fourteen, even his mother used the nickname. His mother joined a S.W.A.T. team, meaning that Dingo often had to take care of himself when his mom was on the job. Sarah made it up to him by taking him on hunting trips and teaching him how to shoot, where he learned that he had remarkable aim. His talent for mimicry persisted through puberty, despite the changes to his voice, and as he grew older the pranks just got better and better. Needless to say, he never meant to hurt anyone and never did, emotionally. However, they did land him in detention more than once, and this was exactly where he was the day zombies took over.
Dingo was in detention when zombies attacked his school, and it would have been the end of him and the other students, had it not been for the actions of a certain english teacher and janitor - Jack Elder and Parker. Dingo chose to go home and try to find his mother, rather than go with his friends to Canada. Luckily for him, Sarah and two of her S.W.A.T teammates had survived and was waiting for him in her hybrid car beside the ruins of their house. Dingo stayed with them for a few days, learning how to use the sniper rifles and practicing his aim and killing off zombies, before Sarah gave him the police-issued sniper rifle she used, then told him to take the car and go to Canada. Naturally, Dingo protested, but heeded her wishes in the end. He headed after Jack while she and her partners went south, looking for more survivors.
DINGO DINGO IS FINALLY UPLOADED HE IS DONE OH MY GOD.
This took me WAY too long. Here is my next Umbagog character: Dingo, the adorable sniper who I want to hug forever. He's been featured in *Droemar
's Kit challenges, and will be one of the original Underground members.David "Dingo" Wilson is (C) of ~CrazyRodeoGirl, please ask before using in challenges and roleplays.